Using video content to teach, build trust, and engage customers is still an under-utilized strategy with many business owners. By learning how to do this, you can quickly set yourself apart from your competition. It is relatively inexpensive to create the video content. Video can be your “virtual” personal connection to your customer, help you stand out from your competition, build your personal brand, show a product or service in action, and hold attention longer. Even more powerful is video content can be leveraged in many different through social media.
The most common question we get at beLocal Group is: How do we best use video to engage our prospective customers? Here are 6 powerful video applications:
1. Use Video to Tell Your Story: Video is a very visual and compelling way to communicate emotion about you and your company. If you are passionate about your company and its products, that comes across in your video. All you need is your computer, a webcam, and clarity in your message.
2. Content Delivery Video: These types of videos provide your prospective customer a step-by-step demonstration of your product or service so they can fully experience you prior to purchase. These videos should always end with a Call to Action to tell the customer what to do next after watching the video.
3. Testimonial Videos: These days, written testimonials are commonly mistrusted because anyone can write one, put a fictitious name on it and call it a testimonial. Video testimonials provide a real and genuine connection to the prospect. And if you prospects to think, “That’s Me,” then you have them as a customer!
4. Video Humor Goes Viral: The most heavily trafficked videos on the internet usually involve some type of humor. People love to laugh and if you can show yourself, your product or service in that light, chances are you will snag a lot of traffic to your website.
5. Before and After Videos: Showing a before and after of a product or service is a powerful way to demonstrate value and makes your product or service more believable. Customers can actually visualize how your product or service will work in their lives and you can build emotional desire at the same time which stimulates the purchase.
6. Webinars: Webinars are PowerPoint presentations in a video format with you talking about each slide. Webinars are very powerful as they provide educational marketing. They teach and inform and are rich in content.
Video doesn't have to be hard. Here are some quick tips when making your own video. Keep your videos 2 – 4 minutes in length. Your prospects are both time and attention challenged in this technical day and age. Get to the point quickly. Present one specific top per video. Make your video believable and humorous. And, no matter what, always have a Call To Action! Ask them to call, email, text. Direct them to the next step in your sales process.
Video equipment is also simple. All it takes is a video camera, a simple script of what you are going to say, and a YouTube channel.
And it's a well-known fact that video makes a website "stickier", which means longer site visits, lower bounce rates, and higher conversions from prospects to customers. While Video Marketing is just one piece of the Authority Marketing principles we use at it can be very effective in getting your business in front of thousands of customers. It’s time you chose Video Marketing as your medium to add to your marketing arsenal. Here’s to making you the Authority in your local marketplace!